AA DriveTech scheme to hone the business drivers of the future
Under the Young Driving Employees Scheme, AA DriveTech will arrange:
• Driver and instructor pairings and lesson plan booking centrally
• Theory test booking, again arranged centrally
• Tuition during or out of working hours as required, anyway in the UK
• Ongoing assessment of progress and a "stop facility" if the candidate is deemed to be a potential failure
• Learner process collateral such as manuals, CD ROMs and access to online e-learning modules
• Special corporate rates for the entire process
• Central billing to the employing organisation and Management Information reports about all employees' progress and status, right through to the successful conclusion of their learner instruction
'We believe that this fully managed scheme will be of huge benefit to organisations who traditionally recruit large numbers of apprentices,' said Paul Holmes, director of the FleetSafe division of AA DriveTech. 'Employers can be assured that not only is the tuition of the highest calibre but also that their employees are being managed by occupational driving experts. It’s far more involved than just getting them through the test.
'Once qualified the new business driver can then enter the type of driver risk management programme that any responsible employer should be implementing in order to comply with health and safety legislation, discharge duty of care responsibilities and follow best business practice. We have several clients that are doing just this, Royal Mail, British Gas and BSkyB amongst them.
'This would typically consist of regular driving licence checks, annual online risk assessments, practical and online training where necessary, post incident reviews linked to specific refresher training and ongoing support and advice.
“For this particular scheme any post test defensive driver training would be specifically geared to this age group, and also would include eco-driving techniques. This is the only way to drive down cost in the long run.”
Anybody wishing to know more about the Young Driving Employees Scheme from AA DriveTech should contact the FleetSafe division on 01256 495732 or via email at [email protected]