2010 Fleet Safety Forum Awards' deadline extended
Now in their 10th year, and sponsored by ARVAL, the Fleet Safety Forum Awards recognise the achievements of those working to help reduce the number of costly, and in many cases fatal, road crashes involving at-work drivers. Last year's winners included Balfour Beatty, Fleet Support Group, Gateshead Council and Royal Mail.
Entries are invited from organisations running any type of fleet, and from companies that provide products or services to fleets, who have worked to improve safety. Awards are available in ten categories:
1. Road Risk Manager of the Year Award for the risk or fleet manager who has implemented exemplary road risk management policies with proven results.
2. Company Driver Safety Award for the organisation that has implemented initiatives that do most to promote safe driving among employees.
3. Fleet Safety Analysis and Action Award for the organisation that has implemented the most effective procedures for carrying out risk assessments, crash data analysis, and introducing tailored interventions.
4. Safe Vehicles Award for the organisation that has implemented the most effective maintenance procedures and technology to improve the safety of its vehicles.
5. Eco Fleet Award for the organisation that has done the most to improve safety and the environment by introducing green initiatives, from innovative travel plans, to fuel efficient driving and more.
6. Road Safety in the Community Award for the organisation that has worked hardest with its local community to improve road safety for all road users
7. Fleet Safety Provider of the Year Award for the fleet service provider that has offered outstanding services to improve fleet safety
8. Fleet Safety Product Award for the product that does the most to improve fleet safety through technology
9. Vehicle Manufacturer Award for safe vehicle design
10. Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety for the organisation or individual that has gone above and beyond the call of duty in its commitment to road safety, not just within the company but also the wider community. Organisations cannot enter this Award themselves, but can nominate someone else within the industry by emailing [email protected]
The awards will be presented at a gala dinner at Chesford Grange, Warwickshire on Thursday 1 July 2010, which will include a drinks reception, three-course meal, and an evening of entertainment and fundraising.
Tickets cost £95 each or £900 for a table of ten. As an extra incentive, a year’s subscription to the Fleet Safety Forum is FREE with every table booking.
To book tickets for the dinner dance or request an entry form contact Brake on 01484 559909 or [email protected].For more of the latest industry news, click here.