- 17 May 2013 13:09 David Hosking selected as entrepreneur of the year finalist
- 17 May 2013 12:46 Davidson Holdings appoints Pendragon in sole supply fleet deal
- 17 May 2013 11:38 Regional traffic courts to fast-track minor motoring cases
- 17 May 2013 11:04 Accurate mileage capture dominates fleet operators’ top 5 telematic needs
- 17 May 2013 10:53 EST launches free online transport carbon footprinting tool
Business mileage made easy with new Audi smartphone app
Available from iTunes, the Audi Mileage Tracker app enables business users to enter the amount normally claimed per mile or kilometre, and to apply this to a particular journey, which is logged in real time using GPS mapping.
At the end of the journey the exact amount owed as a business expense is recorded, and can be transferred to a spreadsheet showing all the applicable trips taken over a given period. This can then be emailed to a home or business computer for expense claims.
Drivers can programme the app with journeys they take regularly and recall them from the journey log, or use the start/stop function each time they leave the office. The app can even point them in the direction of their nearest Audi Centre if they need expert assistance. As the exact route taken is tracked, regardless of diversions due to roadworks or congestion, the calculation provided is always absolutely accurate.
13 Jul 2012 11:53