- 17 Jun 2013 12:50 Fleet on fleet
- 17 Jun 2013 12:23 Surrey fleet takes delivery of UK’s first Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid
- 17 Jun 2013 09:37 BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed
- 17 Jun 2013 09:08 Brake reveals Fleet Safety Awards winners
- 17 Jun 2013 09:06 Masternaut & Balfour Beatty Fleet Services recognised for fleet safety partnership
Telematics acceptance growing - ALD Automotive / YouGov surveyTelematics acceptance growing
The research, by leasing company ALD Automotive, also revealed that that 60% of drivers would have no issue in having on-board technology that could identify the location of their vehicle.
The firm claims the results highlight a growing acceptance by UK businesses and drivers of the benefits delivered by telematics in reducing fuel costs, improving driver behaviour and ensuring driver safety.
Commenting on the survey results, Keith Allen, managing director of ALD Automotive UK, said: 'As telematics technology has evolved, our customers and companies in general have increasingly begun to recognise the benefits delivered by telematics in helping them better manage the costs and risk associated with their fleet.
'What is also very encouraging, is the positive reaction from UK business drivers regarding their use of telematics in recognising the benefits it can deliver both themselves and their employers, such as improved driver behaviour.'
20 Feb 2012 12:39