- 20 May 2013 00:15 ACFO Conference includes forecast of new SMR measures from carmakers
- 17 May 2013 13:09 David Hosking selected as entrepreneur of the year finalist
- 17 May 2013 12:46 Davidson Holdings appoints Pendragon in sole supply fleet deal
- 17 May 2013 11:38 Regional traffic courts to fast-track minor motoring cases
- 17 May 2013 11:04 Accurate mileage capture dominates fleet operators’ top 5 telematic needs
Yaris Hybrid joins Europcar UK rental fleet
Available to rent throughout Europcar's UK network, the Yaris Hybrid has the advantage of being one of the first vehicles registered for the Green Vehicle Discount (GVD) in London.
With CO2 emissions of 79g/km, it will continue to be Congestion Charge exempt when discounts are tightened to vehicles with sub-80g/km emissions later this year.
Ken McCall, managing director, Europcar UK Group said: ‘The Toyota Yaris Hybrid is an exciting addition to our growing fleet of hybrid vehicles, it is the first model to be GDV registered, in preparation for the changes to the Congestion Charge.
‘Rising fuel costs and a focus on more eco-friendly vehicles means we are seeing an increase in demand for electric and hybrid vehicles. Europcar is constantly investing in the quality of its fleet and the addition of Yaris Hybrid demonstrates our commitment to greener technology that meets the needs of our customers.’
Ewan Shepherd, general manager for Toyota Fleet added: ‘With Europcar adding vehicles to its fleet it gives their customers a chance to experience hybrid technology first-hand, as well as helping them to make an informed choice about reducing their driving costs and vehicle emissions.’
Yaris Hybrid joins a growing range of electric and hybrid vehicles on the Europcar fleets. The company was the first to offer the Peugeot iOn in the UK , has the Nissan LEAF on its Paris and London rental fleets and offers the Opel Ampera for short-term rentals in continental Europe.