- 20 May 2013 00:15 ACFO Conference includes forecast of new SMR measures from carmakers
- 17 May 2013 13:09 David Hosking selected as entrepreneur of the year finalist
- 17 May 2013 12:46 Davidson Holdings appoints Pendragon in sole supply fleet deal
- 17 May 2013 11:38 Regional traffic courts to fast-track minor motoring cases
- 17 May 2013 11:04 Accurate mileage capture dominates fleet operators’ top 5 telematic needs
City Link chooses GreenRoad for UK delivery vans
The firm has gone live with GreenRoad 360 in 280 vans at 14 depots nationwide.
All depots have seen an improvement in driving skills since GreenRoad started giving drivers feedback on their driving, and the number of potentially hazardous manoeuvers has dropped substantially.
In addition, City Link expects to see a substantial reduction in fuel and vehicle maintenance costs by improving driving habits.
The company and its parent company, Rentokil Initial, was actually introduced to the GreenRoad technology through insurance firm Zurich as part of its global integrated fleet risk management solution, Zurich Fleet Intelligence (ZFI). The move is intended to reduce collision claims rate and insurance premiums. In turn, Zurich will gain new insight into City Link’s fleet risk through detailed analysis of driver behaviour.
Nick List, proposition manager for Zurich Fleet Intelligence, said: 'Zurich Fleet Intelligence adds an important element to our portfolio of risk engineering solutions, allowing our customers to obtain a dynamic risk assessment of their employees through the driver behaviour data that we obtain from their vehicles. This data gives us insight into the possible root causes of these behaviours, which allows us to suggest the appropriate interventions that supplement any other risk management initiatives already in place.'
24 May 2011 11:16