- 24 May 2013 11:49 Public sector ramps up car hire usage to cut costs & emissions
- 24 May 2013 11:22 Only 41% of fleet drivers receive formal driver training
- 24 May 2013 11:07 Quarter of drivers misuse hard shoulder
- 24 May 2013 10:31 Used car market in excellent position, says Manheim
- 24 May 2013 10:12 Honda CR-V provides ground support for air ambulance
Addison Lee starts rolling out Ford Galaxy across 2,500-strong minicab fleet
The deal is the largest single-year order that Addison Lee has ever placed with Ford and marks the transition to a 100% Ford fleet for the firm.
The Galaxy models – all diesel, all automatic and, appropriately for Ford, all black – will be delivered at the rate of around 28 a week over the coming months.
Addison Lee fleet manager Rob Daniels said: 'We spent three months assessing vehicles and talking to manufacturers; the Ford Galaxy emerged as the best package for us on many levels, not only financially. It is safe, offers low emissions and is economical to run.'
Kevin Griffin, Ford’s fleet director, said: 'Addison Lee has recognised the Ford Galaxy’s class-leading attributes. It complements their own prestige status as a provider of premium minicabs and chauffeur cars.'
21 Mar 2011 15:34