- 20 May 2013 13:38 Peugeot says hybrids are growth area & targets fleet with Mu scheme
- 20 May 2013 13:27 Liaise with leasing companies to curb end-of-contract charges, says Alphabet
- 20 May 2013 13:06 Withdrawing "free" fuel is win/win, says LeasePlan
- 20 May 2013 11:24 ACFO appoints Marshall Leasing’s Richard Baird to board
- 20 May 2013 11:05 Greener Skoda Superb to attract fleets
Volvo XC brand maintains strong presence in used car market
More than 100 Volvos went under the hammer at a recent open auction at BCA, Bedford including ten XC60 and XC90 models. Volvo's used prices bucked the trend by performing well ahead of average market prices, despite used values of 4x4s falling in recent months.
A 60-plate XC60 D5 AWD R-Design finished with 16,889 miles on the clock made £30,600, £3,700 more than the CAP Clean valuation.
Meanwhile a 60-plate D5 SE R-Design AWD XC90 Geartronic with just 3,740 miles on the clock made £32,300, £3,150 more than the CAP Clean evaluation.
‘Everybody knows that strong used values are a true measure of a car's desirability in the second hand market and both the XC60 and XC90 are becoming consistently sought after by used car buyers,’ said Selwyn Cooper, Volvo Car UK's national corporate operations manager.
‘Strong used values are also the key drivers in reducing contract hire and Personal Contract Purchase monthly rentals, which spells lower costs for business and personal motorists alike,’ he added.
27 Jul 2011 11:23