- 24 May 2013 11:49 Public sector ramps up car hire usage to cut costs & emissions
- 24 May 2013 11:22 Only 41% of fleet drivers receive formal driver training
- 24 May 2013 11:07 Quarter of drivers misuse hard shoulder
- 24 May 2013 10:31 Used car market in excellent position, says Manheim
- 24 May 2013 10:12 Honda CR-V provides ground support for air ambulance
Forward thinking Tusker wins MAN fleet contract
The company, which is an international provider of commercial vehicles and transport solutions, signed up with Tusker after carrying out a full fleet review, benchmarking suppliers on service, administration and cost.
The new contract covers MAN’s UK company car and van fleet, of which almost a third are expected to be replaced over the next 12 months, while Tusker is also responsible for managing the run-out legacy fleet of the previous incumbent.
As vehicles come up for renewal on the fleet, MAN drivers will now be able to source and specify them online through their own bespoke version of Tusker’s Fleetdesk fleet management system, which provides an online quotation system covering all vehicles in the MAN fleet policy.
Tusker will also provide driver support through a dedicated driver helpline and support service incorporating a single, central point of contact for all drivers.
Tracy Lister, general manager of administration and change management at MAN Truck & Bus UK, said: ‘Tusker was very impressive with its future vision for our fleet and had some excellent ideas on how to save money, but at the same time keep our drivers happy. In addition, they offered a complete administration support package to run the fleet on our behalf.’
19 Jul 2011 12:06