- 17 May 2013 13:09 David Hosking selected as entrepreneur of the year finalist
- 17 May 2013 12:46 Davidson Holdings appoints Pendragon in sole supply fleet deal
- 17 May 2013 11:38 Regional traffic courts to fast-track minor motoring cases
- 17 May 2013 11:04 Accurate mileage capture dominates fleet operators’ top 5 telematic needs
- 17 May 2013 10:53 EST launches free online transport carbon footprinting tool
IAM targets fleets with driver training offer
Until the end of January, a full-day of IAM Drive & Survive Ecolution driver training will cost just £25 per head based on a minimum booking of eight delegates per day.
According to the firm, the benefits of implementing the training would more than outweigh the costs. Ecolution has increased the MPG of one company’s fleet by an average of 30%.
Based on a figure of an average 20% mpg improvement, a fleet operating 500 vehicles refuelling once a week could reduce weekly fuel bills by nearly £8,000, according to the company's data - an annual saving of £410,415.
Simon Elstow, IAM Drive & Survive head of training and field operations, said: 'Simple techniques such as advanced anticipation, intelligent route planning and speed control are all it takes to get a much better mpg performance out of your car. These techniques also make for better-prepared, more aware and thus safer drivers; the main premise of advanced driving.'
11 Jan 2011 12:56