- 20 May 2013 00:15 ACFO Conference includes forecast of new SMR measures from carmakers
- 17 May 2013 13:09 David Hosking selected as entrepreneur of the year finalist
- 17 May 2013 12:46 Davidson Holdings appoints Pendragon in sole supply fleet deal
- 17 May 2013 11:38 Regional traffic courts to fast-track minor motoring cases
- 17 May 2013 11:04 Accurate mileage capture dominates fleet operators’ top 5 telematic needs
BVRLA joins Fair Fuel UK campaign
Launched earlier this month, the Fair Fuel UK campaign is calling for the government to scrap the fuel duty rise planned for April and introduce a mechanism to stabilise fuel prices.
BVRLA members operate a fleet of around 2.5 million cars, vans and trucks, and the association is urging them and their customers to go to www.fairfueluk.com and sign the petition.
'This campaign was instigated by the road freight industry which has borne the brunt of the relentless rise in fuel prices,’ said BVRLA chief executive John Lewis.
’But the truth is that all businesses that rely on road transport, to move people or goods, are being rapidly strangled by the soaring cost of fuel at a time when the country needs them to help deliver economic growth.
‘Without this, the new public sector jobs required to make up the losses from public sector cuts will not arrive.
‘Today's growth figures show that the risk of a double-dip recession is stronger than ever. The government rakes in over £25 billion a year from fuel duty, but it needs to say 'enough is enough' before it before it taxes more businesses off the roads.’
25 Jan 2011 16:54