- 17 May 2013 13:09 David Hosking selected as entrepreneur of the year finalist
- 17 May 2013 12:46 Davidson Holdings appoints Pendragon in sole supply fleet deal
- 17 May 2013 11:38 Regional traffic courts to fast-track minor motoring cases
- 17 May 2013 11:04 Accurate mileage capture dominates fleet operators’ top 5 telematic needs
- 17 May 2013 10:53 EST launches free online transport carbon footprinting tool
New-generation E-Class makes impressive auction debut
At the Mercedes-Benz UK closed auction at Manheim Auctions, Leeds, 211 vehicles from the Mercedes-Benz and smart ranges were offered to an audience of 63 registered dealers both in the auction hall and logged on online.
Bidding was lively. The new E-Class Cabriolets entered averaged £39,459 (equivalent to 112% of Glass’s Guide and 118% CAP Clean), while the Estates averaged £32,065 (equivalent to 105% of Glass’s Guide and CAP Clean). The star of the auction was a Mercedes-Benz E350 CGI Sport Cabriolet which sold for more than £42,000 achieving 107% Glass’s Guide, 119% CAP Clean and 99% of original price new.
Speaking at the launch, Barry Peat, head of used car remarketing, Mercedes-Benz UK, commented: 'The new-generation E-Class is the perfect embodiment of the brand's core values of elegant styling, supreme comfort, dynamism and innovation. The prices achieved today reflect the desire in the market for these class leading models. The Cabriolets looked striking and the dealers’ strong interest in these cars reflected their strong desirability. Our continued partnership with Manheim Auctions enables us to ensure that the new generation E-Class is presented in an environment appropriate for its status and ensures our remarketing objectives continue to be achieved.'
30 Sep 2010 22:50