- 23 May 2013 11:29 Hybrid trumps diesel for fleets, says Lexus
- 23 May 2013 11:05 Northgate repositions as complete fleet management provider
- 23 May 2013 10:49 Fall in fuel prices provides temporary relief for fleets
- 23 May 2013 09:17 Northgate to drive growth with business development appointments
- 23 May 2013 09:13 Mazda boosts availability of Mazda6 corporate demonstrators to meet demand
Telematics helps drive up job attendance rates
The firm has rolled out Cybit’s Fleetstar-Online telematics solution across its mobile workforce and has seen job attendance rates increase by around 12-15% per engineer per day through the use of Fleetstar’s integration.
Fleetstar-Online works with an integrated hand-held workflow solution to enable dispatchers to allocate the most appropriate engineers to specific customer call-outs based on where they are at the time and the status of their current tasks. This means that Hobart is able to monitor the status of each vehicle individually to provide a pro-active response to clients' jobs from its engineers.
'At Hobart we are no strangers to the benefits that telematics can bring to a business, as we have used telematics companies since 2006. Yet we came to require a system that offered better levels of reporting in order to monitor individual staff on a daily basis,' said Eric Bristow, business analyst - service division, Hobart.
'We chose to use Cybit's Fleetstar telematics solution because it went one step further than other telematics companies. Cybit Fleetstar has the ability to assimilate large volumes of data and present this in a simple to use format: it is able to provide us with the technology needed to easily create engineer timesheets based on skill sets, location and task management.'
14 Oct 2010 20:33