- 20 May 2013 13:38 Peugeot says hybrids are growth area & targets fleet with Mu scheme
- 20 May 2013 13:27 Liaise with leasing companies to curb end-of-contract charges, says Alphabet
- 20 May 2013 13:06 Withdrawing "free" fuel is win/win, says LeasePlan
- 20 May 2013 11:24 ACFO appoints Marshall Leasing’s Richard Baird to board
- 20 May 2013 11:05 Greener Skoda Superb to attract fleets
Tracking technology delivers clear business benefits to Community Building Services
The Hertfordshire-based business, which provides repair services for housing association and local authority clients across the UK, has installed technology from Navman Wireless in over 100 of its fleet of vehicles.
'Our vision to be recognised as one of the leading maintenance providers within the sector means we’re always looking to improve our service to our clients and their residents,' said Colin Gallagher, commercial director at CBS, a part of Affinity Sutton – one of the largest housing groups in the UK.
'When we saw the tracking system from Navman Wireless, it became immediately clear that the technology had huge potential to help us do just that.
'Being able to monitor the movement of our fleet allows us to streamline routes, improve job allocation and monitor how long our employees have been on a particular job.
'In turn, this means we’re able to cut fuel usage, improve our response times and ensure the safety of our employees.'
Additional features such as geofencing, which alerts users if a vehicle leaves a pre-set geographical area, speed reports and the ability to schedule maintenance reports further convinced CBS to invest in the technology.
01 Nov 2010 22:19