- 24 May 2013 11:49 Public sector ramps up car hire usage to cut costs & emissions
- 24 May 2013 11:22 Only 41% of fleet drivers receive formal driver training
- 24 May 2013 11:07 Quarter of drivers misuse hard shoulder
- 24 May 2013 10:31 Used car market in excellent position, says Manheim
- 24 May 2013 10:12 Honda CR-V provides ground support for air ambulance
Leasedrive Velo comes to the rental rescue of the RNLI
Roddy Graham, commercial director, Leasedrive Velo said: 'Our ability to flexibly service the RNLI's needs, often at short notice, anywhere in the UK and the Republic of Ireland was of key importance, together with the provision of one-way rentals for crew members attending training courses.'
Steve Wallington, business services administration manager at the RNLI, said: 'Our crew members are volunteers, often working unsocial hours, so it was important to appoint a supplier who would actually save them valuable time and offered the maximum geographic coverage.'
'As a charity, we are also constantly looking at reducing our costs so we constantly seek best value for money.'
The RNLI has over 4,800 crew members operating from 235 lifeboat stations. The charity's head office is based in Poole, Dorset and it has nine regional offices around the UK and Republic of Ireland.
27 May 2010 16:03