- 24 May 2013 11:49 Public sector ramps up car hire usage to cut costs & emissions
- 24 May 2013 11:22 Only 41% of fleet drivers receive formal driver training
- 24 May 2013 11:07 Quarter of drivers misuse hard shoulder
- 24 May 2013 10:31 Used car market in excellent position, says Manheim
- 24 May 2013 10:12 Honda CR-V provides ground support for air ambulance
Corclaim settles its first corporate claim under new MOJ process
This follows the implementation of rules by the Government on 30 April aimed at speeding up personal injury claims arising from road accidents.
Corclaim reports that one of its leading corporate client's employees was injured in an accident on the 6 May 2010 when his vehicle was shunted from the rear.
The injured employee suffered minor whiplash injuries and was referred to Corclaim by his employer on 10 May 2010 although he was said to be uncertain whether he had a right to claim.
Instructions were taken and a claim was submitted via the MOJ Portal on 11 May 2010. Liability was admitted on 12 May 2010.
Corclaim says that helped by its client's symptoms settling very quickly, settlement was agreed between the client and the third party insurers for £1,000 on 19 May 2010.
It added that its case demonstrates that under the new process, Personal Injury Claims can be resolved very quickly and in this case the whole process took only eight working days.
26 May 2010 11:29