- 24 May 2013 11:49 Public sector ramps up car hire usage to cut costs & emissions
- 24 May 2013 11:22 Only 41% of fleet drivers receive formal driver training
- 24 May 2013 11:07 Quarter of drivers misuse hard shoulder
- 24 May 2013 10:31 Used car market in excellent position, says Manheim
- 24 May 2013 10:12 Honda CR-V provides ground support for air ambulance
New president for Euro NCAP
Mr Seeck succeeds Professor Claes Tingvall from the Swedish Transport Administration, who has taken this role since 2004.
Andre Seeck, the first Euro NCAP President from Germany, has accepted chairmanship for the next term of two years.
Andre Seeck has been a member of the Euro NCAP board since 2000. He has held a range of positions at BASt in the areas of Passive Safety and Biomechanics, Vehicle Safety Assessment, Driver Assistance Systems and Vehicle Engineering, and has extensive knowledge of and experience in vehicle safety regulations.
Announcing the appointment, Claes Tingvall said: 'I am delighted that Andre has agreed to take this important role. He possesses a unique combination of technical know-how, stakeholder relationships and firsthand experience on Euro NCAP’s Board of Directors. The board looks forward to work with Andre to continue the success of the programme and broaden our impact on the safety market.'
Accepting his position, Andre Seeck said: 'I am very pleased and honoured to accept this post. I am eager to make a positive contribution to development of Euro NCAP and to drive forward the initiatives of the organisation in good cooperation with all involved.'
18 Jun 2010 14:52