- 21 May 2013 10:26 First Drive: Mitsubishi Outlander
- 21 May 2013 09:10 Congestion Charge changes start kicking in
- 20 May 2013 13:38 Peugeot says hybrids are growth area & targets fleet with Mu scheme
- 20 May 2013 13:27 Liaise with leasing companies to curb end-of-contract charges, says Alphabet
- 20 May 2013 13:06 Withdrawing "free" fuel is win/win, says LeasePlan
TomTom WORK tracking technology helps drive down business costs
The Grangemouth-based waste management and recycling firm has been supplied with the technology to assist in the management and control of its fleet of vans and trucks, and make savings on mileage, fuel labour, insurance and overtime.
Vtec Solutions Ltd, a reseller of TomTom Work vehicle tracking systems, has supplied the firm with 100 TomTom Link 300 tracking units, which also combine the unique TomTom Navigation technology to help successfully navigate Oran’s vehicles from its headquarters in Grangemouth to sites throughout Scotland.
Peter Deighan, fleet manager for Oran, said: 'We are delighted with the increased benefits we are seeing from our new vehicle tracking solution supplied by Vtec Solutions. The real-time mapping, reporting and alert features help us to streamline and better manage the day-to-day operations, allowing us to take full control of our fleet, both the vehicles and our drivers, and ultimately drive down costs across the business.'
14 Jul 2010 12:17