- 18 Jun 2013 10:57 Europcar adds A-Class AMG Sport to Prestige Range
- 18 Jun 2013 09:20 New Arval rental calculator to generate fleet savings
- 18 Jun 2013 09:15 CAP Monitor gets radical upgrade to new Gold Book tool
- 18 Jun 2013 09:00 EST helps City of York Council fleet go electric
- 17 Jun 2013 12:50 Fleet on fleet
Yell chooses MINI Countryman deal to cut costs and carbon
Alphabet’s solution for the pool car fleet was the winning bid in a competitive tender run for Yell by Fleet Logistics, its fleet management provider.
The deal, which is said to be the UK’s largest single fleet order for the MINI Countryman, follows whole-life cost analysis by Alphabet and will save Yell £49,000 in whole-life costs over three years compared with its currrent Toyota Auris pool fleet.
The vehicles will be used by Yell’s new marketing consultant and executive starters until the employees are ready to move into Yell’s BMW/VW ECO scheme, which is also supplied by Alphabet. The MINIs will cut the drivers’ company car tax bills by 29% and will also reduce Yell’s carbon footprint by over 200 tonnes across the duration of the contract. In addition, the 64mpg Countrymans will offer an estimated 31% increase in fuel efficiency.
'Alphabet put together a solution that matches Yell's own values around modern flexible solutions, value for money and good environmental credentials,' said Steve Walton, head of HR Services for Yell. 'The Countryman blends practicality with the latest technology.'
23 Dec 2010 12:09