- 17 May 2013 13:09 David Hosking selected as entrepreneur of the year finalist
- 17 May 2013 12:46 Davidson Holdings appoints Pendragon in sole supply fleet deal
- 17 May 2013 11:38 Regional traffic courts to fast-track minor motoring cases
- 17 May 2013 11:04 Accurate mileage capture dominates fleet operators’ top 5 telematic needs
- 17 May 2013 10:53 EST launches free online transport carbon footprinting tool
Renault highlights plans for Russian market with Latitude world premier
Renault has been developing its production facilities in the country since 2005 in partnership with the Government of Moscow. It has also outlined plans to capture 40% of the Russian market by 2015 with its strategic partner AvtoVAZ.
The Latitude model will play a key role in these plans. The business class sedan, which receives its world premier at the Moscow Motor Show, is intended to become the flagship model of Renault's range of cars. It goes on sale in Russia in autumn 2010, and will then be launched in another 50 countries around the world.
Renault is also to launch a number of other new models in Russia, including Duster, the new automatic Logan, Sandero and Sandero Stepway (complete knock down, as well as Fluence sedan and Mégane hatchback (semi-knock down). These vehicles will be produced locally from 2010-2011.
Renault-Nissan and AvtoVAZ have three production sites in Russia, including a joint production line that is currently being implemented, and have announced plans to increase production capacity to 1.3 million cars in 2012.
25 Aug 2010 12:56