- 23 May 2013 11:29 Hybrid trumps diesel for fleets, says Lexus
- 23 May 2013 11:05 Northgate repositions as complete fleet management provider
- 23 May 2013 10:49 Fall in fuel prices provides temporary relief for fleets
- 23 May 2013 09:17 Northgate to drive growth with business development appointments
- 23 May 2013 09:13 Mazda boosts availability of Mazda6 corporate demonstrators to meet demand
Finning (UK) signs up with Arval
The contract will see Arval providing 200 company cars and 400 LCVs to Finning (UK) Ltd.
The project was spearheaded by a team representing all areas of the firm, in conjunction with the procurement specialists at ADR International and was actively supported by Arval's in-house Consultancy team. The review focused on a number of key areas including cost management, safety and driver comfort and a requirement to further reduce the company's carbon footprint and the overall environmental impact of its fleet.
The result of the extensive review was a decision to reduce the company car list from multiple manufacturers and over 3,000 model variations to a list containing three manufacturers and approximately 50 model variations. All vehicles on the current company car list are required to have a minimum NCAP four-star rating, ESC as standard and a maximum CO2 output of 160g/km.
The choice of company service vehicle was also reviewed and a decision taken to move from a standard Ford Transit model to a Ford Transit Trend model that will allow Finning's engineers to monitor their fuel consumption and reduce idle time.
Lesley Starling for Finning (UK) said: 'While not without its challenges, the project has been extremely well received by both the company and its employees and renewals of the fleet are now well underway with a forecast of over half of the fleet being in the renewal process by the end of 2010.'
23 Aug 2010 21:31