Blue light fleets give Jaguar XF the green light
Featuring the 275PS 3.0-litre diesel unit, the XFs were chosen for a number of reasons including fuel economy figure of 42mpg and an excellent CO2 rating of 179g/km. The XF’s residual value was also a key factor - research carried out by EurotaxGlass’s suggests the new 3.0-litre XF will retain 80% of its purchase price after 12 months or 14,000 miles, which makes it the best in class, and 45% of its value after three years and 60,000 miles of motoring.
Geoff Cousins, managing director for Jaguar Cars UK, said: 'Police drivers demand the very best from their vehicles – power, performance, safety and comfort are all very important, while their fleet managers are looking at good environmental credentials and strong residual values to ensure value for money.
'Police forces across the country have been evaluating the XF and we are delighted that the team at the Central Motorway Police Group has chosen Jaguar to join its fleet.'
The XFs also incorporate a number of extra features to make them the ultimate police vehicles. These include:
- A roof-mounted light bar with 3600 blue flashing lights and integrated side alley lights
- Blue and white flashing LED lights inside the front grille
- Side-mounted blue flashing LED lights
- Blue and red flashing LED lights integrated in the rear light clusters
- A Home Office-specification electronics "Police pack" that powers a full suite of electronic equipment.
The seven XFs will be put to work immediately throughout the Midlands.
29 Apr 2010 09:24