Deadline looms to enter Fleet Safety Forum Awards
Organisations that have worked to improve fleet safety are being urged to enter the annual awards, run by the Fleet Safety Forum, a division of Brake, the road safety charity. Awards will be presented at a black tie evening event at Chesford Grange, Warwickshire on 1 July 2010.
Now in their 10th year, and sponsored by Arval, these prestigious awards recognise the achievements of those working to help reduce the number of costly and in many cases fatal road crashes involving at-work drivers. Last year's winners included Balfour Beatty, Fleet Support Group, Gateshead Council and Royal Mail.
Entries are invited from organisations running any type of fleet and from companies that provide products or services to fleets, who have worked to improve safety. Awards are available in ten categories:
- Road Risk Manager of the Year Award for the risk or fleet manager who has implemented exemplary road risk management policies with proven results.
- Company Driver Safety Award for the organisation that has implemented initiatives that do most to promote safe driving among employees.
- Fleet Safety Analysis and Action Award for the organisation that has implemented the most effective procedures for carrying out risk assessments, crash data analysis, and introducing tailored interventions.
- Safe Vehicles Award for the organisation that has implemented the most effective maintenance procedures and technology to improve the safety of its vehicles.
- Eco Fleet Award for the organisation that has done the most to improve safety and the environment by introducing green initiatives, from innovative travel plans, to fuel efficient driving and more.
- Road Safety in the Community Award for the organisation that has worked hardest with its local community to improve road safety for all road users
- Fleet Safety Provider of the Year Award for the fleet service provider that has offered outstanding services to improve fleet safety
- Fleet Safety Product Award for the product that does the most to improve fleet safety through technology
- Vehicle Manufacturer Award for safe vehicle design
- Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety for the organisation or individual that has gone above and beyond the call of duty in its commitment to road safety, not just within the company but also the wider community. Organisations cannot enter this Award themselves, but can nominate someone else within the industry by emailing [email protected]
Whether entering an award or not, organisations are invited to attend the awards dinner, which will include a drinks reception, three course meal, and an evening of entertainment, fundraising and dancing. Tickets cost £95 each or £900 for a table of ten. As an extra incentive, a year's subscription to the Fleet Safety Forum is free with every table booking.
A charity auction and casino will take place on the night, with all funds going to Brake, the road safety charity, to help fund their life-saving educational work and care services for road crash victims.
To book tickets for the dinner dance or request an entry form contact Brake on 01484 559909 or [email protected]. Entry forms must be returned by email by Monday 12 April 2010.